Onan DJE generator repair restoration project
This is an Onan DJE 7 KW diesel generator. Go to subdirectories for
detailed pictures of my restoration/repair/accessorizing this
The objective here is to make a backup power generation system for
my house that has acceptable levels of noise and meets electrical and
I did this in my free time while working on my algebra website.
Click here to see
where the generator will be placed.
(Click on the thumbnail images to enlarge)
- Carriage -- Vibration insulating carriage made of two wooden platforms
and two used tires sandwiched between them.
- Enclosure -- Lead lined soundproofing enclosure
- Starter Repair -- Replacing starter solenoid on Onan DJE
- Fueltank -- Fuel tank made of a steel jerry can
- Home -- The generator is in my garage, after unloading
- Panel -- My first shot at making an electrical panel. Will be replaced by aluminum.
- Solenoid -- Replacement of a defective fuel shutoff solenoid by a FW Murply solenoid
- Z01_repaired -- Nice pictures of the unit after all repairs were done. Fully working condition.
- Z02_Installed -- Onan diesel Generator installed at its permanent location!
- Z03_Exhaust_Stack -- Pictures of the final exhaust stack with the generator running.